Whenever I add a new zone that laser automatically duplicates the content of the first zone to the second which makes sense but I am trying to add new zones just to play particular clips.
Is there a way of disabling this auto copy feature so any new zones created are empty? Or is there a workaround without going through the entire clip deck and disabling zones for every clip?
That can happen if those clips were previously assigned to that zone, then the zone was deleted and later recreated. Liberation remembers the zone assignments on the clips, so when the zone comes back those assignments come back too. Because I generally work with lots of lasers and zones while developing, quite a few of the built-in clips have historical zone assignments.
The quickest way to clear it is to use Groups. Press the Group button, then you can enable or disable a zone for every clip in that group all at once, rather than going through the entire clip deck individually.
The manual covers it here: Clip Groups – particularly the section on “Change zone settings for all clips within a group”.