Version 1.0.0 now available for testing!

It’s an incremental build available on your downloads page :

Mac version : https://liberationlaser.com/downloads/LBN01/mac/1.0.0/1

Windows version : https://liberationlaser.com/downloads/LBN01/windows/1.0.0/1

Note the new download link format that should only work if you’re logged in. If there are any difficulties let me know!

WINDOWS USERS - I have further “improved” the Windows ID system so you may need to deauthorise your older version before authorising this new one. Contact me directly if you need help with this.

https://liberationlaser.com/changelog

Minor changes in this one but important to test as we’re getting close to a 1.0.0 release. :open_mouth:

Best,
Seb

6 Likes

Best gift ever on My 1 year anniversary with Liberation! Can’t wait for my 25th anniversary with Liberation….I’ve already picked out my watch :slight_smile:

2 Likes

for a minute i was scared i lost all my created clips,

but then i saw the appdata folder changed names, and had to move the contents of 9.9 to 1.0 manually, then i had everything back again…

if this will happen every major update it will get old soon…. :sad_but_relieved_face:

oh and Happy 1.0 release day!

Yes sorry this happens every major and minor update where the working folder changes! I did it this way so as to be “safer” in case of breaking changes or bugs in a new beta version. In the future I will add an “import your stuff” system but it’s not a massive priority.

Thank you!
Seb

1 Like

Happy 1.0 release !!!

Everything work ok, export-import laser settings do not crash and I’m happy again :grinning_face:

1 Like

I just tried to update to the newest release and now all my own clips are not showing. How did were you able to get your own clips back?

Hi @Rogerb!

I cover this process in the last live stream - at around 45 minutes in :

But yeah the process is that you should Export Project in the old version and then Import Project back into the new version. That’s the easiest way!

(I realise this is a bit fiddly - I’ll add a better transitioning system in future)

If you no longer have the older version, you can re-download it from the download page. Rename it as Liberation0.9.9.app or whatever and then you can switch between the two easily.

Before you do anything tho, it’s worth making 100% sure you aren’t gonna lose your stuff - find the working folder and make a copy of it and store it somewhere safe. It’ll be called “0.9.9” or whichever version you were running. (I think you found it already but it’s the same folder the logs are in go to Settings, open log folder)

Good luck!

Seb

Thanks for your reply!

Crisis over! Phew!

I managed to find the folder with all the clips I had created up to yesterday and swapped the clips folder in the new version with the previous versions clips folder.

I have now just made 2 separate backups (USB and cloud) in the event something happens again in the future.

The stress is settling… :grinning_face:

1 Like