Transport buttons and drop down menu's

Hi Seb,

These are both design ideas as apposed to function.

  1. Can the transport buttons on the timeline be fixed in one spot. Currently when you press play, the location of the whole transport buttons shift to the left, which means your finger isn’t hovering where it thinks. A small thing but makes life easier.
  2. The various menu bars which currently are free floating - Can they be fixed and all originate from a single drop down burger menu - possible fixed to the top right? Currently, they always seem to be under something and difficult to find. I’ve tried finding good locations for them to live but as they are all different lengths, there’s no good current solution.

Hi,

You can group the floating menus into one, then you can switch in between them in one window, or you can manage them side by side of few on top and rest bottom.

It is pretty flexible.

Robert

Hi Robert, thanks for responding.

Do you mean just place them when you say group them, or there a feature I’ve missed here?

I’m not at the comp…but by holding alt or shit or Ctrl and placing them on ich others yow will see all possibilities.

What can I say! Robert, you have made a man with OCD extremely happy. Blessings to you!

Oh man would I have loved to figure this out earlier, thanks!

u are welcome .

Happy to help.

Seb made really good job, but forgot to mention it anywhere. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I was also possessed by this so i have to figure it out by testing.

Robert

Hey Gary,

I’m not seeing that here, it might be a bug! Can you show me it happening ?

Yes sorry for that undocumented feature! Pressing SHIFT enables the docking functions. It’s built into the GUI system I use so I never thought to tell anyone :grinning_face: I could potentially make it more discoverable by not requiring SHIFT but it is a bit annoying honestly.

All the best

Seb

Here’s a short video of the transport buttons moving.

Apologies for the reflections!

Can I see the full transport bar? Is anything else appearing to make the content resize? Thanks!

Apologies.

Here’s a better video.

It is jumping also here on win 11

audio skip is added to the line when play is pressed … music still play

image

Robert