Hi Seb,
Following up on the topic of 16-bit DMX outputs from last year, I want to request a few enhancements to the DMX profile configuration.
I am working on a timeline show for another laserist which includes a few moving LED washes. Normally I program DMX in ChamSys MagicQ, but I want to make it easier for the client and program everything in Liberation. I’m using Ayrton fixtures which use 16-bit RGBW. Even in the basic mode/profile, the RGB addresses are spaced apart by 2 channels, i.e., ch8 for R, ch10 for G, ch 12 for B, ch14 for W.
My understanding is that the RGB colour DMX mapping expects 3 sequential channels for RGB, so I have 3 requests:
- Can this be extended with a 16-bit color profile?
- Would it be possible to add individual RGB channel mappings (and 16-bit options)? This also adds support for BGR fixtures.
- Could extra color channels be added to support white, amber, UV, etc? It would be nice to be able to map the white channel on the Ayrtons as well as my RGBWAUV LED pars without having to use extra modulators and DMX nodes.
Is there any kind of suggested workaround in the meantime? For now I’m passing ArtNET from Liberation to Chataigne as a “man-in-the-middle” and remapping channels there, but it adds latency and complication to the setup.
Thanks,
Kevin