Sorting/moving clips is always a struggle for me, there’s so much amazing stuff in the community compilation that was shared earlier, but it’s so immense that sorting is really hard in the current UI
I’d love to be able to multi select (holding shitt/command), and then drag the selection to an empty page (or ideally cmd c cmd v them to a new location).
Is this something that should be working? For me it never adds onto the selection when I try shift/cmd. Is there any way I can select clips from multiple positions in the current deck-view and drag/paste them elsewhere?
Attached is a lil screen recording to demonstrate what I mean.
I’ve tried all possible combinations on mac, can’t get it to work (liberation 1.4.4, macbook pro m1) havent tried on pc though, if it does work there, then I’ll sort it on windows and export to my macbook.
Do others recognize this problem or is my mac just being weird?
No need Mathijs! I’ve just checked on my Mac for you and it does work. Use Alt + Shift to highlight. Then pick up and move with the trackpad as you would anything else. A strange anomaly though - I highlighted 6 clips, and depending on which one I tried to pick them up with, it would only pick up some. I can only guess that if it was the last one lighlighted, it would only pick up that one, but if you pick up the first one, they all pick up. (I should make a video - that sounds really complicated!).
If the clips you are dragging and moving do not have space in empty free slots in right down side from the position you are with your mouse, then they are showing only the number of free slots available on the page… after letting them, the rest of hidden clips will be placed on empty slots in right from the place you release them … they could land on next page or next pages , depending on free slots .
I figured it out; I can use shift + alt (option) to multi select individual clips, but I was trying:
‘drag select’ 1st selection → shift + alt → ‘drag select’ 2nd selection (while holding shift/alt), which does not work for me.
But the multi select with individual clips already helps a lot, thanks!
Ah I think you’re not quite getting the lasso drag action right - you need to start the lasso from the gaps between the clips. Dragging the clip itself moves / copies it.
I’ve got this working now. Awesome! The work flow is just like FCP.
Can we get Audio Analysis at some point Seb? FCP does this and then generates a beat grid which makes life so much easier. That would be my dream feature!
Audio analysis is definitely something I want to look at (spoiler: it’s hard to do well) but the workflow in Liberation is that you sync the timeline to the audio track, then clips will naturally snap to the beat. Check out this video tutorial: Synchronising the timeline tempo to a audio track
The issue that I have with snapping is that if your clip doesn’t line up with the audio as you want, the only option is to turn off snapping (with video clips you can trim, to adjust to suit which I’m sure you know!) which then leaves you relying just on the audio signal waveform!
With complex audio where everything isn’t 4 to the floor, snapping doesn’t really work very well for me.