ArtNET controller recommendation

Hi,

actually I use QLC+ for my dmx devices and now I want to switch for some of them to liberation.

as Liberation only supports ArtNET dmx I’m looking for a controller.

An recommendation which one I should choose?

It should be not to expensive but reliable.

thanks :folded_hands:

Steve

1 Like

Single universe or more?@stevewallet

Single universe should be fine.

Showtec Net2 - I’ve used numerous different ones in the past and like the build quality and reliability of this - used it with QLC+, MagicQ, xLights, etc.

Love that it also supports PoE for power, and you can run two universes from it - I’ve used mine outputting from Artnet on one port and sACN unicast from another controller to the other. The OLED display on it makes things so much easier to manage/configure and check status.

1 Like

+1 for the showtec, it’s a bit confusing at first but then all DMX things are haha

2 Likes

If you’re in the US, you have to pay for shipping & import fees on the Showtec Net2. Otherwise I would have gotten that. Plus it’s a 2 uninverse.

DMXking eDMX1 MAX — This is what I went with for my Liberation DMX setup. Solid build quality from a New Zealand manufacturer, reliable firmware (v4.7), and rock-solid output once configured. Supports Art-Net 4, sACN (ANSI E1.31), and E1.20 RDM on a single universe. The XLR port is individually configurable as DMX-OUT or DMX-IN, which is nice for flexibility. USB-C powered so you can run it off practically any USB port or charger. Compact form factor.

Works great with the DMXking eDMX Configuration Utility (available for both Mac and PC). The utility handles node discovery, port configuration, universe assignment, firmware updates, and has a built-in show recorder that can record from any source (Art-Net, sACN, DMX-IN) and play back to ports or network. You can also configure RDM discovery settings if your fixtures and software support it. Liberation does not support RDM at this time.

You can get the item for an outlet on eBay that has 100% seller profile reviews for $182 or maybe lower if you make an offer. I bought it with buy now from this seller.

i`m absoluteli new in artnet Hardware

Would this work correctly with liberation (i `m looking for working budget option for one universe only and europe warehouse) ?

Thanks.

Thanks for all that input. I ordered a Showtec Net2 now.

1 Like