LTC problem

I subscribed to the Hobby 2 version because I only need to use it with a single laser.

I can do all the basic things I need on the timeline, but it simply refuses to accept the LTC signal I’m sending. The LTC signal is definitely working correctly—the TXL20 receives it properly in receive mode—but Liberation doesn’t react to it at all.

The audio interface I’m using is a UAD Apollo Twin X. I’m sending the LTC signal through channel 1, and I’ve selected that same input in Liberation, but it still doesn’t start playback when I press Play on the Master page.

Hi Norbert,

First of all, thanks for signing up!

Just to reassure you, LTC isn’t restricted by your licence tier – it works even in Free mode, so your Hobby 2 subscription won’t be the cause of this.

If you haven’t already, it’s worth going through the LTC setup guide here, just to make sure everything in Liberation is configured correctly:

Assuming that’s all set up correctly, the most common cause on Windows is actually the audio driver rather than the LTC itself. Windows audio can be a bit of a nightmare!

Since TXL20 is decoding the LTC correctly, we know the signal itself is good. The next things I’d check are:

  • Make sure Liberation is using the same driver/device you expect (I’d generally recommend ASIO if available).
  • Make sure no other application (including TXL20) has exclusive access to the interface while you’re testing.
  • If you’re using the UAD Console, double-check that the input routing matches the channel you’ve selected in Liberation

If you’re still stuck after that, I’ve added quite a bit more error checking and troubleshooting information in the current test version. It may help pinpoint exactly what’s going wrong, so if you’re happy to try it, I’d recommend joining the testing programme and giving that a go.

All the best

Seb

Hi!

Liberation still doesn’t accept the LTC signal.

I’ve tried everything I can think of.

Here’s the complete setup:

  • Mac mini M1 running macOS 15.7.7.
  • Avid Pro Tools is playing back a pre-generated LTC file.
  • The LTC is sent out of output 3 on a Universal Audio Apollo Twin.
  • That signal is looped back into input 1 on the Apollo.
  • I’ve tested everything using an application called TXL20, so my side is definitely working.

In Liberation I have configured:

  • Audio Device: Universal Audio Thunderbolt…
  • Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
  • Audio Device Channel: 1
  • Frame Rate: 30 fps

Then on the timeline I click the little clock and switch it from Internal to SMPTE/LTC. The counter starts at 01:00:00:00.

I start playback of the LTC from Pro Tools, and the Apollo’s level meter clearly shows the signal arriving.

In Liberation, the square on the left-hand side of the Audio Devices section is lit red.

I’ve gone through every input channel and every possible setting.

I’ve also tried different sample rates, but Liberation still never detects the LTC.

I’ve been working with LTC-based systems for more than 20 years in television, theatre, studios and live concerts, and I’ve never encountered a problem like this.

I also sent the generated LTC to another system, where the AVID Sync HD immediately locks to it with frame accuracy.

Please tell me what the solution is, because it’s very embarrassing that this doesn’t work.

Kind regards,

Norbert Bicók


Szia!

Az LTC jelet továbbra sem fogadja a liberation.
Minden lehetséges dolgot kipróbáltam.
Leírom a teljes setup-ot. mac mini M1 mac os15.7.7. Avid Pro tools játsza le az előre legenerált LTC-t. Ezt a jelet egy UNIVERSAL AUDIO UAD APOLLO TWIN audio interfész 3-as kimenetén küldöm ki. Majd ez a jel vissza megy az apollo 1-es bemenetére. A teszteket TXL20 nevű alkalmazással leteszteltem, tehát működik az én oldalam. A liberation-be beállítom Audio devices: Universal Audio thunderbolt… Sample Rate 44.1KHz, Audio Device Chahhenl: 1, Frame: 30… majd a timeline-on megnyomom a kis órát és internal-ról SMPTE/LTC-re kapcsolom, a számláló: 01 00 00 00-ról kezd. Elindítom az LTC-t a pro tools-ból, az apollo jelszintmérője érzékeli a jelet. A liberation-ban az audio devices bal oldalán lévő négyzet pirosan világít. Végig néztem az összes bemenő csatornán és végig néztem az összes lehetőséget. Kipróbáltam más mintavételi frekvenciákon is, de továbbra sem látja az LTC-t a liberation. Több mint 20 éve használok LTC alapú dolgokat televíziós, színházas, stúdió és koncert területen, de ilyen problémával még sohasem találkoztam. A generált jelet átküldtem a másik rendszeremre is, ott is azonnal elindul frame pontosan az AVID SYNC HD-n a számláló. Valami megfejtést írjanak, mert ez nagyon ciki, hogy nem működik.

Üdvözlettel Bicók Norbert (PalintaDuo Kids Ultimate Family Show & Viki Ová pop music production)

palintaduo@gmail.com

Seb Lee-Delisle <notifications@liberation.discoursemail.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2026. jún. 27., Szo, 11:17):

Hi Norbert,

I hope you don’t mind, but I translated your post into English so that other forum members can follow the discussion too. (Even though I’m one-quarter Hungarian, sadly I don’t speak the language!)

I must say it’s very unusual to see a problem like this on a Mac - it’s normally Windows that gives me audio headaches!

That said, I’ve made some significant improvements to the LTC support in the current test builds, including better error checking and troubleshooting. Why don’t you sign up for the testing programme and give the latest test build a try?

Also, would you mind sending me the exact WAV file you’re using for the LTC? I’d like to see if I can reproduce the problem here.

Thanks,

Seb