Hi folks
A newbie question if that’s okay.
- Does the software output to pangolin fb3?
Regards
Keith
Hi folks
A newbie question if that’s okay.
Regards
Keith
See Compatible lasers and controllers (DACs) for more information
To encourage greater interoperability between software and hardware, Liberation will only support DACs that have a published communication protocol. I believe that this is the best way forward for the laser industry.
Hi Keith,
Welcome!
Stijn’s right - your controller uses a closed, proprietary protocol that locks out third-party software.
Interoperability between software and hardware is one of my strongest principles, which is why I have released the laser communication library behind Liberation as the open source project libera. I’m hoping to help change the current state of the laser industry by encouraging more open standards and interoperability.
If you’re considering moving over, a Helios USB DAC is a very inexpensive option, so many people find that after selling their existing DAC there’s enough left over to cover several years of a Liberation licence too. ![]()
Let me know if there’s anything else I can help with if you decide to make the switch.
All the best,
Seb
Hi Seb
Thanks for your earlier email as well as this reply.
Liberation looks amazing!!!
I’ve got Rob pricing up a custom peli with 4no Etherdreams and networking with ILDA outlets for me.
I’m sure I can sell my FB3 to someone.
Regards
Keith