Recently a friend asked what I was up to, so I snapped this photo of a programming session in-progress. I thought it might be nice for the community to show off our workstations to stimulate ideas about controls and integrations.
Here’s my “daily driver” previz rig for programming lights and lasers using Liberation, MagicQ, and Capture.
Left monitor is a Mac Mini running:
- Liberation beta with the 3D visualizer set to 10% size
- Chataigne to connect the Launch Control XL 3 to multiple software
- 24ch audio interface stack for audio and LTC
Right two monitors are a Windows system with a better GPU running:
- Capture 2026
- Chamsys MagicQ latest beta (on a touchscreen)
- iPad Mini for MagicQ Remote and custom TouchOSC controllers
- Libera Timecode
- 4ch audio interface to/from the Mac (LTC and audio)
The computers are connected via an air-gapped 1G network with no connection to my main network or internet. I also have a wifi bridge to unlock MagicQ using my Chamsys GN10 node which is in another room. I use wifi during shows only for custom OSC controllers on my iPad Mini.
I have a more comprehensive MIDI controller configuration for performance that I’ll share separately once I finally finish the mappings for the beta version of Liberation.
FAQ:
- Yes this is in a music studio, and I know I shouldn’t be putting controllers on top of my C24. I have cardboard under the controllers so they aren’t resting on the faders. I get this question a lot.
- I use the FOSS KVM software Barrier to share a mouse between the computers, but my old mechanical keyboard doesn’t work well on Mac.


