Laser mapping with LED panel

Hi seb - I’m really enjoying beta so much that I’m wondering if I can achieve something like this using canvas and NDI streaming

Any material or guidance link will be appreciated

Best Rgds

Rajib

Hi Rajib! I’m so glad you’re enjoying the beta version so far.

With regard to video mapping you’ve got a few options.

  1. Canvas NDI to video ingester / effector

Right now a good solution is to send out the canvas content as NDI, then feed that into Resolume / TD whatever - then you can map the lasers to the screen using canvas zones, perspective correction etc. You could create the ripples outside of liberation, using the dots from the canvas NDI feed as a source.

  1. TouchDesigner / MadMapper to PONK

Liberation can take a PONK feed and output it to the canvas. So you could get external software to convert the video into vector shapes and pipe them into Liberation

  1. Coming soon - Liberation Laser Video

We’ve been doing some experiments ourselves with converting video to vectors

https://www.instagram.com/p/DbBuM53DMw4/?img_index=1

I’m not sure when it’ll be ready but it will be made available to people in the testing programme first.

  1. Custom coded option

In the latest release in addition to PONK, Liberation has its own protocol - an SDK - that has 3D capabilities, as well as filled shapes with masking options. It means you can code anything you want and send it to Liberation. Documentation coming soon, again initially to the testing programme.

Any questions, let me know,

cheers

Seb

Dab,

Thank you so much to come back so quick outlining all the options.

I will try option 1 and share how I go with my next show in Sydney. I’m very excited to hear that you already have Laser Video in your roadmap. I’m looking forward to test when available.

Best Rgds

Rajib