Hi, I’m just about to cry out for help! I have an ether dream, which suddenly turned into a fixed red LED. I looked on the forum and on the ether dream website. I tried changing my firmware with USB C, but it still doesn’t work. Now it starts in bootloader mode on my computer every time. Do you know what to do?
Thanks
PN
I’ve never seen this before! Can you clarify :
Did you do anything special before this happened? Did you plug it into the computer? Maybe it’s a faulty unit?
Seb
Hi,
No, I had 3 days of laser service. 2 days were ok and on the 3rd 1 of the 6 ether no longer responded. I looked at it and the LED was still fixed red. I tried to put the firmware as explained on the manufacturer’s website but nothing is worse. Now the ether is detected on my computer in bootloader mode. And I can’t copy anything to it (firmware).
ah right yeah sounds like a faulty unit to me!
Two of my Etherdream units were doing this to me tonight. Turned out I had two bad port on my POE switch. (I think I blew a capacitor behind those two ports.) Try using a wired USB → USBc connector before returning it. May be that the power in isn’t strong enuf.
Hi, here it’s directly via USB C. And same problem. Thanks for your idea.